Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Upside Down ??

WOW !! is the only way that I could think to start this entry ! It has been 7 months and 11 days since that fateful day in October, when we found out that Christi, the love of my life, had gotten AML, or Acute Myeloid Leukemia. We would immediately embark on a journey that we thought, at the time, would turn our lives upside down. The darkness of what may lie ahead of us was unprecedented to anything we had seen before. We knew that our future endeavor wasn't going to be easy, and as Christians, placing this situation in God's hands and praying hard was, what we felt to be, the only choice we had.
As I sit here, a little more than 7 months after this began, and 1 day before her stem cell transplant, I can honestly say that I am in awe of what the Lord God Almighty has done to bring us to this point along the roads we've traveled. Christi and I have always thought that this situation has been put in our lives for a reason, and we have found many along the way. I praise Him for everything He has done to keep our lives intact during this whole adventure. He has taken us over the highest of mountains, and through the lowest of valleys. He has held our hands through the storms we battled, and comforted us during the calm. He has placed a countless number of people in our path, that can only be known as true 'Prayer Warriors' of faith, to help us fight this battle. He put people there, that were blessings to have, in the right time and the right place, to help us overcome one obstacle or another. There have been blessings that took place, that could not have been a matter of coincidence and were clearly a sign that He was watching over us. And there have been blessings that we think were intended to happen at the onslaught of this whole encounter with crisis. I am one of them! Was MY life turned upside down ? Nope, just turned Right Side Up, and I have never been more faithful that everything is going to be okay !
Stay tuned for His next miracle; it's going to be a big one !
Christi's Loving Husband,
Rick

3 comments:

  1. Cousin Cindy saying that I am thinking about all of you today. I can't be there physically, but am there in sprit. This is an extremely strong family and I think that Christi has half of that strength herself!! Will keep checking for updates. Love to all of you..... Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Christi! God has just used you and Rick so beautifully, as beautiful as you are. Your life your strength! It just overflows into so many! I can not wait to see you! I hope it is very soon! I,we..so, so MANY are praying with the Lord for you. We all are sharing in His glory because of you. Thank you Christi and Rick for blessing us. All my love, Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are all in our prayers constantly today. We are praying for peace as you wait for good news, skill for the doctors, and a miraculous recovery period for Christi. Love to you all, Susan and Curtis

    ReplyDelete