Monday, May 18, 2009

The Countdown continues...

I visited with Christi again tonight, and all is still well. She finished the last bag of chemo that she must have before transplant day on Thursday. She starts her anti-rejection drugs tomorrow. She looks beautiful, and the new nausea medicine seems to be magical. As an observer, she seems to be moving through this stage of the ordeal in great shape... just good 'ol Christi. I don't think anyone can predict how her body will react to the chemo and the bucket full of drugs she takes every day, but she has a "let's get in on" attitude. Christi said that some of her nurses were not familiar with the new anti-nausea medicine she is getting, and just maybe this drug will keep doing the job. Prayers are working, folks. Thanks to all of you who are contributing to her recovery. Be sure to remember her donor, the East German, female arm wrestling champion whom we have named "Hilda." She's not much of a looker, but she's got some bad **s stem cells on the way. Let's get it on!

Gary

3 comments:

  1. I'm on my way, Little Sister, and I'm ready to help you fight like crazy!

    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. That new nausea medicine is the key ! When I brought that food on Sunday, she didn't have a hint of nausea ! I'm so glad to see that - it scared me to see her lose weight so fast while she was in ICU ! She has lost 40 lbs., but it hasn't been from the leukemia, it's the nausea that the chemo caused ! I can't get over how well she has been lately, but after seeing her past with this stuff, we're sure to see darker days ahead ! My prayers for her don't stop .... I love you, darling.

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continuing to pray. Bible Study meets Thurs. 21
    Ascension Day! We have a God in heaven. He is real! And is looking over Christi. We on earth will be praying. Gerry Roeder Pinnacle Bible study

    ReplyDelete