Sunday, May 17, 2009

Super Sunday!

Christi is having a great day. Penny and I took a chicken pot pie from Jason's Deli. I selected the small size figuring she wouldn't eat much. I figured wrong. She had taken some new drug for nausea, and it seems to be working very well. It's been a long time since I have seen her eat without feeling sick afterward. We stayed a couple of hours, and she seemed well enough that I could have pulled the car around to take her out for a margarita and a movie. I can't wait to do that!

It's very encouraging to see her this well right now. We all know she is going to get sick and weak, but she is in good shape with five bags of chemo down and just two to go. She says her lungs are in much better shape because she can take long, deep breaths with only a little annoying pain. We're in the home stretch to Thursday's scheduled stem cell transplant, but so far, so good.

Gary

2 comments:

  1. Great comments brother, and you'd better keep your hands out of the way when you're feeding that thing ! I made her a Philly Cheese Steak sandwich, some baked beans, chips, and some granola that I'd bought, and she went right after it. She couldn't eat it all, probably because she was full of the pot pie, but it sure is nice to see her eating so well, and having her attitude in such high spirits !

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK...this is my first blog attempt, but thought I'd give it a try. I'm like Marci, don't have an account, but will not remain anon. I'm cousin Cindy (Holt) Taber. You guys are all inspirational!! Come by and get me when you go out for the Margarita!!!

    Christi..... just wanted you to know that I have been thinking about you and you have been in my thoughts and prayers!! I have been keeping up with your progress thru Marci and thru your parents. Hang in there and let me know when you start speaking with an English accent!!!!

    Love,

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete