Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tuesday, May 19


I arrived this evening and found Christi to be her old self again! Wow, but it's been a long time since she looked and felt this good! She says that she feels normal but just really shaky and weak. We discussed what she might/might not feel during the transplant process, and she's hoping to feel just like she does now. That would be amazing!
So we sat here and ate my chicken salad and pasta salad while watching the Dancing With the Stars finale. Tanesia, her nurse, is really nice and attentive. Her room has a special HEPA filtering system to help prevent germs and other creepy crawlers from climbing into her PICC line.
This morning they started her on anti-rejection medicine which she will take for at least a year, but she's finished with chemo...hopefully forever.
I'm happy just to be here with her all alone, laughing, talking, hoping...

Marci

4 comments:

  1. I am continuing to pray for Christi!!! This blog is a very helpful source of information for knowing how to pray! We'll be keeping you in prayer as transplant day approaches on Thursday!!! That's TOMORROW!

    "Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, by the comfort by which we ourselves are comforted of God." 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

    May the Lord BLESS Christi and all of you who love her! May it be an ENCOURAGEMENT to know that people who have never even met her (me being one) are praying with you as you walk through this Valley on a faith journey! May the Lord comfort Christi, her husband and children, and her loving family members as "transplant day" approaches. And praise the Lord that He has strengthened Christi's body so that the transplant can happen! We'll be continuing to pray!

    Love in Christ,

    Pat Bubb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Christi,

    I'm Kay from Abilene and I HAD AML. I had my transplant 13 months ago and I'm feeling GREAT!
    You're next! I'm beaming prayers to you along with lots of people. Prayer is powerful and you are lucky to have so many coming your way. Stay strong and believe. You'll be home before you know it. God Bless You and I can't wait to hear the rest of the story. Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christi, You will be in my prayers as I go to sleep tonight and as I wake up and as I go through my day. God calls you to mind during even by busiest days and I will lift you and your family up each time. God's blessings on your doctors, the donor and on these stem cells being transplanted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are praying Christi! And we'll keep praying that those stem cells do their job and your body continues to heal. You have some awesome sisters, brother, hubby, daughters and parents and I am honored to know you all and have the privilege of lifting you up to our Lord. Jane Morrical

    ReplyDelete