Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Mylotarg, day 7, the final dose

The past few days have us almost ecstatic although we are also holding our breath. Christi's "blasts" (bad stuff) have gone from 71% to 2% of her white blood cells. The mylotarg is doing its job. The doctor said that we have to sit back and wait for one of three things to happen:
1) her own body to produce its own good marrow/blood/etc
2) the donor's stem cells to do what they are supposed to do--cure her
3) her leukemia will come back
We like options 1&2. (don't you?!)
Marianna spent Sunday and Monday night, which were a little rocky, then Mom spent a better night on Tuesday, and it's Penny's turn tonight.
Two very dear, long-time friends from high school, Sydney and Robyn arranged to visit Christi today, and she was happy to see some new faces. I'm sure that after 13 weeks in the hospital, she has heard every story that her family has ever told and welcomed the change!
Afterward, Penny and Christi WALKED (pushing the IV, of course) from her room in Collins hospital to the Roberts hospital atrium and back! That was a huge feat in itself since just walking down the hall has been exhausting! It's way more exciting than seeing a child take its first steps!
Friends, thank you for being faithful followers in our blog and faithful in praying for Christi. Your presence has been a comfort to us, and your prayers uplift us 24/7.

Marcia

5 comments:

  1. I so enjoyed my visit with Christi. Christi continues to change my life for the better. I have never witnessed such beauty and faith in a human being in my entire life. I pray for your quick recovery every day. I love you Christi. I am so ready for us to go get the two B's we talked about!! Kisses, Hugs and Prayers. Love, Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christi,
    You have always been my "go-to". Thanks for always being there. Now it is my turn to be your "go-to". Since you told me you were sick, me and all your friends have agreed to and challenged others to pray for your every morning, together at 7AM. I pray for you every morning and know that this is God's plan and you special to be chosen to be so close to the hands of God's loving mercy and healing powers. ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Super Girl! What a blessing for me to see my precious bff from our childhood church days! Robyn and I were so excited to come we could hardly sleep the few days before knowing Wednesday was nearly here! Rick, you and Christi have our hearts to say the least. Charlie and I love you and continue to pray with you. Thank you for allowing us to share in His glory with you. It has indeed been a privilege.
    Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christi and family. We pray for you daily and thank God that your faith is strong and your family is too! Cousin Beth (Gerardy) and Aunt Mona (Baird)

    ReplyDelete