Monday, July 6, 2009

: (

Friends and family who have faithfully followed this blog - I apologize for the great delay of this entry. We were told on Friday, July 3, that Christi's leukemia is once again active, and her peripheral blood leukemia blasts were measured to be 25%. We hoped and prayed that it had lost its energy, with this application of Mylotarg, which we had hoped to call the 'Wonder Drug', and the answers to our problem. Unfortunately, this disease, as I have described as 'relentless' in other writings, has a grip on my loving wife, and won't let go. We have had conversations with the doctors, and they tell us that they have run out of tools in their arsenal at Baylor to stop this. They are presently looking at other possible alternatives to try and drive this thing away, but have said that they haven't seen anything that would fit the criteria that we need. Christi has had so much chemotherapy at this point, that the next round would certainly prove fatal, thus leaving us short in the quest for the possibilities of another transplant. I am not saying that another transplant would NEVER be possible, but Christi would have to gain tremendous strength, in a very short period of time, for that to even be considered. Christi's sister-in-law, Penny, has scoured the internet for possible alternatives, and has presented her findings to Dr. Vance this morning, for his review. We are hoping that there could be something that he possibly overlooked or didn't realize, that may help us. We will be looking at any and all possibilities, in the next few days in a futile attempt to find anything that may save her life. One of the biggest tools, and quite possibly, the ONLY weapon we ever did have, is the Power of Prayer. God has brought us a long way through this journey, and and I refuse to say that His work is over. In the past 48 hours that I have spent with Christi, I have certainly felt His presence. However, I am reluctant to say what I have experienced in fear that I may be creating false hope. In short, I am not afraid to say that I do believe in miracles, and one could be in the works as I write. Let us pray . . . .

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the update. It had been my concern that the lack of posts indicated a new problem. Please know that Christi and all of you are in my prayers. A healing worship service was conducted yesterday on her behalf with participants from all over the U.S. The prayers won't stop. All of you are in my heart.

    Blessings,

    Janess

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're all in our prayers... keep the faith!

    Warm hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. thoughts, prayers, faith, hope and love...and the greatest of these is love. i am believing for a miracle for you, dearest friend. love you all, suess

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are continuously praying for Christi's miracle. We have to believe that it is a real possibility. Our love to all of you, Dee & Jim Trowbridge

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU are such courageuos and lovely people... faith tells me too that the physical forms of bodies, earth, this Universe are merely forms that do not adequately hold our Divine essence- these cannot contain such wisdom, such light, such compassion. It is a most difficult journey and we hold hands along the way, for support, for as long as we need - for as long as we can. All my love to you... ellen

    ReplyDelete